FOI Request - School Roll Data
Freedom of Information Request : Primary & Secondary School Roll Data & Capacities in this education authority's area
Please can you provide the following information:
1. The latest school roll forecasts or projections:
a. showing the forecast figures for each school managed by this education authority;
b. showing the forecast data for each year group within each school;
c. indicating the date when these forecasts were last updated;
d. indicating whether pupil yield figures from approved planning applications are included in forecasts – and the latest date when consented applications were included.
e. indicating the official capacity of each school managed by this education authority, and the year when each of these school capacities was last checked or updated.
2. The historical school roll data for each year group within each school managed by this education authority between 2000 and 2015.
3. The details of any current planned changes in schools’ capacity or new schools to be built in this education authority’s area and when they are due to be operational.
1. The information that you have requested is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information otherwise accessible. For ease the information is available on The Moray Council website at www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_39857.html, and by selecting the link for "School Roll Forecasts". The report on the website is the 2013 edition (dated 9 May 2014). This page will be updated by 31st July 2015 with the 2014 edition (dated 22 June 2015).
2. The information that you have requested is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information otherwise accessible. For ease the information is available on The Moray Council website at www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_39857.html, and by selecting the link for “School Rolls”. This page will be updated by 31st October 2015 with the information from the September 2015 annual school census.
3. The authority are currently looking at two potential sites in Elgin for 2 new schools to be built – one in the North of Elgin and one in the South of Elgin. This will impact on the zoning of Elgin schools - a project which is currently being undertaken has set out to review and consult on the current zoning arrangements within the town. There is a more immediate requirement for the school in Elgin South as New Elgin Primary School has reached its capacity and it is hoped to have this in place within the next 3 years. The School in Elgin North is in a new area for development and will depend on the build out rate as to when the school is required.