FOI Request - Road Bridges
I am asking, under the Freedom of Information Act, the following set of questions:
Defining a “road bridge” as a structure with a span of 1.5m or more providing public highway passage for motor vehicles over an obstacle such as a watercourse, railway, road or valley, please provide the following information for all road bridges for which you have full or partial responsibility as highway authority:
1) How many road bridges do you have full or partial responsibility for?
2) How many road bridge inspections have taken place in each of the last three financial years (2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15)
3) For each of these financial years, how many of these road bridge inspections found that the bridge to be was sub-standard for unrestricted highway use. That is to say that, as a consequence of the inspection findings, additional or accelerated maintenance works were commissioned outside of their normal maintenance schedule and/or traffic management (e.g. weight or flow) restrictions were applied?
4) If it is known, excluding listed/heritage structures where long-term weight restrictions apply, what is your current estimate of the total capital cost of returning all road bridges for which you are responsible to an acceptable standard (that is to say they do not require any additional maintenance outside their normal maintenance schedule with no additional traffic management restrictions)?
5) For the road bridges which were found to be sub-standard, excluding listed/heritage structures where long-term weight restrictions apply, what is the number of road bridges to have had new traffic orders and/or weight restrictions placed upon them and have not yet been repaired to a full standard
The information you requested can be found here.