FOI Request - Council Tax Bill Reminders to Councillors
I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act
1. How many councillors have received reminder letters for failing to pay their council tax bills on time from 2010 to 2015 to date?
2. What is the total amount of money councillors have failed to pay for a particular given year?
3. What political party did they belong to?
4. How many of these councillors have been banned from their duties as a result of this?
5. I would also like the names of each of the councillors who have received reminder letters? If you will not provide this information, please proceed with the request anyway.
Can you also please confirm that those in more than two months of arrears are banned from voting at meetings of the council, the council’s executive or a committee where financial matters relating to council tax are being considered?
2. Moray Council: Nil. All monies which were reminded were paid in full in accordance with the details stated on the reminder.
3. This information is exempt under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, i.e. it is personal data and release of the information would, in our opinion, breach one of the data protection principles
5. This information is exempt under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, i.e. it is personal data and release of the information would, in our opinion, breach one of the data protection principles
In answer to your final point the Moray Council ensures that it complies fully with Section 112 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.