FOI Request - Sunbed Salons Prosecutions
How many sunbed salons have been fined and/or prosecuted in the Council region since the 1st of December 2009 when the Public Health etc. (Scotland) Act 2008 (Sunbed) Regulations 2009 (“the Sunbed Regulations”) became law.
The Act for reference:
• prohibits operators from allowing persons under 18 to use sunbeds on their premises;
• prohibits operators from allowing unsupervised sunbed use on their premises;
• prohibits the sale and hire of sunbeds to persons under 18;
• requires operators of sunbed premises to provide prescribed information to a person each time that person proposes to use a sunbed;
• requires operators of sunbed premises to display a prescribed information notice in a position where it is readily visible to persons proposing to use a sunbed.
If you could provide me with the number of salons fined/punished for breaking the above regulations