FOI Request - Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible:
1. How many unaccompanied asylum seeking children is the local authority currently responsible for? (as at 1 September 2015, or nearest marker)
2. How many former relevant children (i.e. former unaccompanied asylum seeking children between the ages of 18-21 years) is the local authority responsible for?
3. How many appeal rights exhausted post-18 unaccompanied asylum seeking children is the local authority currently responsible for? (as at 1 September 2015, or nearest marker)
4. a. How many UASCs can the LA accommodate?
• how many foster beds are theoretically available?
• how many places in supported accommodation are theoretically available?
b. What percentage of each are currently being used?
5. What is the Local Authority's overall spend budgeted for looking after UASC (including Care leavers) in 2015/16. How much is expected to be reimbursed by Home Office?
6. Has the amount provided by the Home Office to the LA for UASC support dropped between 2010 and 2015? If so please state how much was provided in 2010 and how much will be provided this year.
7. How many UASCs have gone missing from the system in 2015- a. permanently, b. temporarily, and what were their nationalities?
4. In respect of the specific questions around UASC we would assess each individual case based upon the need identified. Moray Council is willing to work with Government to secure the support needed to make resettlement work for those refugees wishing to come to Moray. At this time the phasing of the overall programme is not clear however it is likely that Moray`s share will be relatively modest and the Council is confident that it has the resources to cater for this.
6. Not applicable in our Council area.