FOI Request - Public Liability Claims
I write to request the following information relating to your authority’s public liability (further narrowed down to Personal Injury claims) insurance claims management arrangements.
1. Who is your authority’s public liability insurance provider?
2. Does your authority’s insurance provider handle claims on your behalf? Yes/No
3. Does your authority handle any claims in-house? Yes/No - if yes, please provide a contact name and email address
4. Does your authority contract with a third party to manage claims? Yes/No - if yes:
a. who are they?
b. to what date are they contracted?
c. were they were procured using a competitive procurement process? Yes/No - if yes, was this an OJEU process?
5. How do you measure the effectiveness of the claims handling function?
6. Does your authority participate in shared service contractual or joint venture arrangements in respect of the management of insurance claims? Yes/No
7. Does your authority have a hybrid of the above arrangements, under which some claims are managed in one way and others in another way? Yes/No - if yes, please describe the arrangement
8. What was the value of Personal Injury claims against your authority’s public liability insurance policies in the financial years ending March 2014 and March 2015? (Please note this is a distinct question in its own right from the Q8a below.)
a. Further and separate to Q8 above, please provide a breakdown in the last 2 years, per year:
i. Personal Injury Claims settled pre litigation and their value
ii. Personal Injury claims settled after commencement of litigation and value
iii. Value of Personal Injury claims lost
1. Zurich Municipal
5. No measurement
8 (a) We do not record the value of personal injury claims against the Council therefore this information is not held and is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
8 (a)(i) We do not record whether claims are settled pre or post litigation therefore this information is not held and is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
8 (a)(ii) See answer to 8(a)(i) above