FOI Request - School Meals Feedback and Policy
1. Do you gather feedback on school meals from students in primary schools under you education authority? If yes, please could you provide detail on how this feedback is gathered, how often it is gathered and what questions are addressed.
2. Do you have policy for supporting primary school catering staff to undertake professional training in food and health? If yes, please could you provide a copy of this policy, or a written description of the policy.
3. Do primary schools under your education authority have on-site facilities to prepare hot food from fresh ingredients, or do they use off-site catering to deliver school meals? Please provide a breakdown by school.
4. Does your local authority have policy on the proportion of school meals that must be prepared from fresh ingredients? If yes, please provide a copy of this policy, or a written description of the policy.
2. We do not have a written policy but we do in house training for all our staff; Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland - Elementary Food Hygiene.
3. Please see attached spreadsheet.
4. No we do not have a written policy but we do use as much fresh produce as possible and make all our meals on site from raw ingredients.