FOI Request - Renewable Energy for Heating
I would like to make a Freedom of Information request:
1. Please provide information held by the council on publicly-owned buildings (schools, town halls, community centres, leisure centres, libraries, depots, offices and hospitals, for example) which make use of renewable energy for their heating (typically this would be provided through solar thermal panels; biomass boilers; air, ground or water-source heat pumps).
2. What is the maximum rated capacity of each of those systems (in megawattstherm if possible)?
3. How much heat has been generated by those systems since their installation?
4. Also, if possible:
a) When were these systems installed?
b) How much has the local authority invested in renewable heat systems at each site and/or in total?
c) Is the authority claiming the Renewable Heat Incentive for these installations, and if so, how much income has been generated by them.
1. Biomass operated by council – Speyside HS and Milnes HS.
Biomass operated by Energy Supply Companies (ESCOs) – Newmill PS and Lossiemouth Library, council purchase heat.
2 Milnes - 800 kW
Speyside - 900 kW
3 Speyside HS – 3,034,462 kWh
Milnes HS – 1,185,301 kWh
Newmill PS – 218,950 kWh purchased
Lossiemouth Library – 164,840 kWh purchased
4. a) Speyside HS – Aug 2013
Milnes HS – Oct 2013
Newmill PS – Oct 2011
Lossiemouth Library – Jul 2011
b) Milnes High School - Biomass Boiler £557,567 Speyside High School - £857,534
c) Speyside Hs - £68,058.39
Milnes HS - £24,137.26