FOI Request - Landslip at Port Long Road, Cullen
On behalf of our client, we make a request for the following information pursuant to the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulaions 2004:
1. The Council's policy and procedures for road maintenance in the period immediately preceeding 26 July 2014
2. The Council's target inspection and maintenance regimes in relation to the road gullies at Lower Blantyre Street, Cullen, Buckie and the surrounding area in the past five years.
3. Copies of any inspections carried out at Lower Blantyre Street, Cullen, Buckie and the surrounding area in the past five years.
4. Copies of any instructions for works, maintenance records or records of completed works in respect of Lower Blantyre Street, Cullen, Buckie in the past five years, and in particular, copies of any instructions for maintenance of the drainage system at Lower Blantyre Street, Cullen, Buckie in the period following 26 July 2014.
5. Copies of the drainage layout drawings in respect of the area at and surrounding Lower Blantyre Street, Cullen, Buckie.
6. Copies of any customer complaints for Lower Blantyre Street, Cullen, Buckie, including records of any telephone calls or email exchanges, in respect of issues arising at Lower Blantyre Street, Cullen, Buckie in the past five years.
1.The council's policy and procedure for Roads Maintenance can be found within our Roads Asset Management Plan (RAMP).
2. All gullies in Moray are currently scheduled to be cleaned annually. Any problems identified during the cleaning operation are reported back and repairs issued where appropriate.
This regime has been in place since the 2013/14 financial year, as evident within our 2013/14 Revenue Budget Committee Report (Section 5.20) and then again in our 2014/15 Revenue Budget Committee Report (Section 6.16).
Prior to 2013/14 most gullies were scheduled to be cleaned annually, while some were scheduled to be cleaned twice per year.
Over and above the cyclical maintenance of gullies mentioned above, road gullies would also be visually inspected during routine safety inspections. The frequency of these inspections vary depending on the particular road’s hierarchy – Lower Blantyre Street is inspected annually.
3.The report attached here contains the dates of all inspections carried out on Lower Blantyre Street from April 2012 to July 2014.
Separate reports are also attached containing inspection records for April 2009 through to March 2012:
4. The report attached in Q.3 above contains details of all works carried out in Lower Blantyre Street since 26/07/09.
The report attached here and here contains copies of instructions issued for routine gully cleaning in Cullen in 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2013/14. Copies of the same for 2009/10 and 2010/11 are not included as these are held in our archive store but I can report that those works were completed on 02/10/09 and 17/09/10 respectively.
5. A plan is attached here showing our gully locations in the Lower Blantyre Street area. We do not have any pipework records for this area though it is likely that the road gullies are connected into Scottish Water’s sewer.
6. The report attached in Q.3 above contains details of any customer enquiries received by Road Maintenance during the 5 years prior to 26/07/14.