FOI Request - Library Closures
Request - 101000396808
1. How many library service points did you have in 2010? Do you have a list of addresses for those at all?
2 Please tell us how many library service points you have currently, November 2015, and provide the addresses.
3. How many have been transferred from council control to the control of volunteers since 2010?
4. Of those, which have had their opening hours reduced since 2010? And can you outline any changes please?
5. Please tell us how many libraries have moved premises since 2010 and provide the former and current address.
6. Please tell us how many new libraries have opened since 2010 (not existing libraries moving to different buildings) and provide addresses.
7. How many library service points are proposed for closure within the next year? Please detail any mobile libraries separately to buildings
8. How many members of staff worked for your libraries service in 2010 (headcount please, not FTE)?
9. How many members of staff work for your libraries service (headcount please, not FTE) today?
10. How many volunteers were assisting with the operation of the library service in 2010?
11. How many volunteers assist with the operation of the library service today?
1. 15 static libraries, 2 mobile libraries and 1 local heritage centre. Addresses attached.
2 11 static libraries, 1 mobile library and 1 local heritage centre. Address attached.
3. No libraries were transferred from Council control to control of volunteers. Hopeman library was closed and the community set up a library operated by volunteers in another building.
4. The volunteer run library at Hopeman reduced its hours and then closed after 12-18 months.
5. No libraries have moved premises since 2010.
6. No new libraries have opened since 2010.
7. No decisions have been taken on library closures for the next year.
10. 30 who are involved in added value activities not core staff tasks.
11. 47 who are involved in added value activities not core staff tasks.