FOI Request - Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015
Request - 101000396863
In the wake of the new Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 and its
‘Prevent’ strategy, please:
1. Provide me with digital copies of any materials (training documents,
presentations, briefings) provided to council school staff in 2015, by Police
Scotland, regarding the Prevent programme (i.e. potential radicalisation of
2. What internal education-oriented meetings have taken place in 2015 to address
potential IT measures in schools to detect the potential radicalisation of
students? Please provide minutes, agendas, emails associated with any of
3. How many of your schools have internet filters in place to stop pupils from
accessing terrorist or extremist material?
4. Between 1 July 2015 and 31 December 2015, how many pupils have been
flagged by teachers over concerns of radicalisation (as defined under ‘Prevent’)?
- What was the outcome in each case?
Information for questions 1, 2 and 4 is withheld in terms of section 30(c) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 on the grounds that its disclosure would be likely to prejudice substantially the effective conduct of public affairs.
3. The internet access for all schools is controlled via a centralised web filtering system. The category of Terrorism is blocked for all schools; the following related categories are also blocked - Criminal Activity, Intolerance, Personal Weapons, Restricted to Adults, and Violence.