FOI Request - Roadworks
Please can I request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act? If you are unable to provide responses broken down by financial year, please provide responses broken down by calendar year.
1. What is the total number of outstanding roadworks/road maintenance projects (i.e. ones that are not yet complete) in your council area?
2. What is the total distance (in miles) that these outstanding roadworks cover (e.g. 10 miles)? If possible, could you also provide the average length of the outstanding roadworks/road maintenance project?
3. How many roadworks projects currently underway in your council area require a traffic diversion or detour?
4. What is the longest outstanding roadworks/road maintenance project on the road in your area? Please can you provide the name of the road where these works are located, how long they have been going on for (in days) and if possible the reason for these works (e.g. fixing a pothole)?
5. What is the total number of roadworks/road maintenance projects that have been completed over the past five years? Please can you break this down by year: 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
6. How much in total (£) have you spent on roadworks/road maintenance projects in your area over the past five years? Please can you provide a figure for each year: 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
7. What are the most common reasons that require roadworks to be undertaken (i.e. potholes, resurfacing)?
8. What is the road in your area with the highest number of roadworks projects on it over the past three years? Please can you break this down by year: 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
1. 4 No
2. Total distance of outstanding works is 1236 metres. Therefore the average length is 309 metres
3. 5 No
4. U 89E Half Davoch Road, Nr Forres. Carriageway improvements to provide access to nearby Hill of Glaschyle Windfarm ( 55 days total duration)
2010/11 – 806
2011/12 – 695
2012/13 – 621
2013/14 – 718
2014/15 – 720
2010/11 – £2,512,356
2011/12 – £2,604,488
2012/13 – £4,662,977
2013/14 – £3,485,977
2014/15 – £2,042,000
7. Generally repairs to the surface of the carriageway, which can include, potholes, patching or resurfacing.
2012/13 – A941 Lossiemouth to Rhynie Road (x 13)
2013/14 – A941 Lossiemouth to Rhynie Road (x29)
2014/15 – A941 Lossiemouth to Rhynie Road (x25)