FOI Request - IT Software/Infrastructure
1. Are there plans to upgrade the councils IT Software or infrastructure in the coming year?
2. Could you please inform me of any planned or in progress IT Projects that may require training to individuals or teams on the councils staff?
3. How do you obtain training for you staff and project needs? And how much was spent on acquiring this training?
4. Is there currently any IT training that has been planned for future dates, if the that is the case can I please have information relating to the training purchased
5. Will you please provide me with an up to date organisational chart for the councils IT department
6. Could you provide me with the details of the mangers – IT or otherwise – that would handle training and employee development plans?
7. Can you please provide me information of the budget you have allocated for Technical training for the current financial year? (April 2016 – March 2017)
8. Have you obtained any quotations or prices for Training for the upcoming financial year?
9. Have you purchased a skills licence with any training company for the upcoming year?
10. If so what was the company it was purchased from and what was the total value of the Skills License?
11. What is the current amount spent on the obtained Skills Licence?
12. If you haven’t already purchased a Skills license, would you consider doing so in the near future?
2. The strategy and plan for the current financial year was approved by Policy & Resources Committee on 10th May 2016. Item 15 from the Committee agenda in the link below provides the details.
It is not clear at this stage what product specific training will be required.
3. Training is procured in compliance with the financial regulations of the council.
The ICT Service Training costs for 2015/16 were £10,150.
5. The Moray Council structure charts are available on the web site at
6. We do not disclose employee names below Head of Service and have therefore not given you the name of the points of contact for IT or any of the managers who would be responsible for employee development plans.
7. Due to financial pressures faced by the council all non essential training budgets have been removed.