FOI Request - Biomass Boilers
Please can you provide me with the following information under Freedom Of Information (Scotland) Act 2002? Please can you:
1. Provide me with a copy of your policy(s) including planning policies in relation to biomass boilers. This should include any policy(s) identified within your Local Plan/Local Development Plan.
2. Is planning permission required for biomass boilers within your local authority area? If yes, please can you confirm how many planning applications you have received for biomass boilers?
3. Confirm how many of these applications were approved?
4. Confirm how many of these applications were refused?
5. In relation to point 4 please can you confirm the reasons why these applications were refused?
1. We don’t have a policy just on biomass, our Policy PP2 Climate Change on the Moray Local Development Plan 2015 is the most relevant. This document is already available on the Moray Council website and is therefore exempt under Section 25 (1) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. For ease of reference please follow the link provided here (please see page 8).
|14/00072/APP||Heather Glen Guest House, 1 North Guildry Street, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1JR||Installation of new Biomass system||17 January 2014||Permitted|
|14/00153/APP||West End Primary School, Mayne Road, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1PA||Construct boiler housing for biomass boiler, gas boiler and associated flues at||01 February 2014||Withdrawn|
Tomintoul Youth Hostel, Main Street, Tomintoul, Ballindalloch
Moray, AB37 9EX
|Erect biomass boiler house including the installation of biomass boiler and wood pellet storage internal refurbishments to the toilets and the erection of boundary fence and change of use of adjacent land to occasional overnight camping in association with the hostel at||04 March 2014||Permitted|
|14/01006/APP||Glenmoray Distillery, Bruceland Road, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1YE||Demolish storage building and construct building to accommodate biomass boiler at||29 May 2014||Permitted|
|14/01116/APP||The Brae, Spey Street, Garmouth, Fochabers, Moray, IV32 7NH||Proposed biomass pellet hoppers roof mounted solar collectors proposed rooflights at||10 June 2014||Permitted|
|14/01117/LBC||As above||As above||10 June 2014||Permitted|
|15/00008/APP||Blervie House, Rafford, Forres, Moray, IV36 2RU||Erect a Biomass plant building and a separate wood chip store building at||06 January 2015||Permitted|
|15/00035/APP||Bruntlands Farm, Alves, Elgin, Moray, IV30 8UZ||Convert farm steading buildings to provide timber workshop facility with office and wood biomass boiler at||08 January 2015||Withdrawn|
|15/00477/APP||As above||Conversion of steading buildings to workshop facility, office and biomass boiler. Form new site Access. Existing North Steading to have new insulated external envelope with heated floor slab for the location of wood working machinery for the purposes of producing timber furniture and components. Bothy structure to be converted to small office space with kitchen and toilet facilities for employees on site. Change of Use from Agricultural to ss 4 Business (Office/Light Industry)||13 March 2015||Withdrawn|
|15/01159/APP||As above||Conversion of steading buildings to workshop facility office and biomass boiler and form new site access at||25 June 2015||Permitted|
|15/01666/APP||Aberlour Primary School, Mary Avenue, Aberlour, Moray, AB38 9PN||Install new biomass boiler system within existing boiler house at||10 September 2015||Permitted|
|15/01667/LBC||As above||As above||10 September 2015||Permitted|
14 And 15 Dailuaine Terrace
Carron, Aberlour, Moray, AB38 7RG
|Erect boiler sheds for biomass boilers at||19 February 2016||Permitted|
3. 10 as shown above.