FOI Request - Reviews of Free Standing Walls
In April 2014 a modesty wall in Liberton High School collapsed causing the death of Keane Wallis Bennett. In the wake of that accident, please could you answer the following questions:
1. Did the Council conduct any kind of review of free standing walls or other aspects of school buildings?
2. If so what was the scope of that review?
3. Please give details of any problems found and remedial action taken. In doing so please identify any schools where problems were found, when problems were identified and when they were resolved. In doing so please consider:
a. Were any walls or other parts of schools found to be dangerous?
b. Were any walls or other parts of schools found to be in violation of building standards regulations?
c. Were any walls or other parts of schools found to be cracked?
d. Were any walls or other parts of schools demolished?
If there are any issues which might delay a reply - including judgements as to the cost of gathering information - please contact me as soon as possible to resolve them.
1. Please see attached here.
2. Structural inspection of known free-standing walls in schools and corporate building
3. Refer attached summary at 1 above