FOI Request - Computing Teachers in Schools
1. I want to know how many Computing teachers work in Secondary schools in the local authority currently. To clarify, I want to know about teachers of Computing or Computer Science, not teachers of Business Studies or Administration.
I would ideally like to have the information broken down by school and in Full Time Equivalent (FTE) format, if possible.
2. If a school no longer has teachers teaching Computing or Computing-related subjects or a Computing department then I would like to know the reason for this decision.
3. If a school no longer has teachers teaching Computing or Computing-related subjects or a Computing department then I would like to know how the Computer Science outcomes in the Broad General Education are delivered by the school.
4. In your local authority have you had any Computer teacher vacancies in the local authority in the last year and if so, have you had any issues or problems recruiting (if applicable)?
5. At any point in the last year in your local authority have you had any problems getting a Computing supply teacher for any of the schools in your council?
To clarify this FOI request, here is a suggested format for the information about each Secondary school in your local authority:
Number of Computing teachers (in FTE):
If number = 0, then explanation why:
If number of teachers = 0 then how is CS taught in BGE?:
Here is the format I would like the information about your local authority that does not require broken down by school:
Computing teacher vacancies in 2015-16? Yes / No If yes, any problems recruiting Computing teachers? Yes / No / Not applicable Problems getting Computing supply teachers: Yes / No
Buckie High - 1.1FTE
Elgin Academy - 1 FTE
Elgin High - 1FTE
Forres Academy - 1.6FTE
Keith Grammar - 1 FTE
Lossiemouth High - 1.6 FTE
Milne's High – 0 - Due to lack of uptake and computer teacher leaving, a decision was taken not to replace the teacher. Undertaken by IT delivered in S1/S2 plus outcomes from Business Education and Technical.
Speyside High - 1 FTE
Computing teacher vacancies in 2015-16? Yes; If yes, any problems recruiting Computing teachers? Yes; Problems getting Computing supply teachers? Yes