FOI Request - Children Missing from Education
Under Freedom of Information legislation, I would like to request the following:
1. How many schoolchildren has the council recorded in the last two years as 'Children Missing from Education'?
2. How many schoolchildren has the council recorded in the past year as 'Children Missing from Education'?
3. What were the ages of these children
4. How long were they missing for?
5. How many children missing from education have been referred to central agencies, and what were the agencies?
6. How many children missing from education have been referred to the Scottish Government Children Missing in Education Unit/Department?
7. What is the longest a school pupil has gone missing for?
8. How many of those who have gone missing from education have not returned to school at all?
9. How many child protection referrals have been made in relation to children missing from school for more than two weeks? What was the outcome?
Info below relates to Jan 2015 to present day.
1) 9 Children
2) 4 Children
3) 6, 7, 9, 10, 12 x 2, 13, 14, 15
4) Various times varying from days to weeks.
5) Referrals to other Local Authorities and Police for information.
7)One travelling family have not been traced as yet.
9) Contact with Social Work occurs with all cases either within local authority or outwith. No referral resulted in the child actually being placed on the child protection register.