FOI Request - CSE Team
1. Do you have a Child Sexual Exploitation team at the council? (It may work under another name)
2. When was this team formed?
3. Has this team been expanded in any way - be it budget or staff, or scope in the last two years?
4. Can you explain how, if it has expanded?
1a. Please write the name under which it operates
2a. How many staff were in the team in 2013 if one was operational
2b. How many staff are in the team in 2016?
1. No, not as such. We have a Protecting Children Team and a Triage Team, an aspect of who's roles cover CSE work. However areas of Neglect and other Forms of Abuse are equally important aspects of the team role.
2. January 2016 in their current guise. 2 x SSW, 6 x SW, 1 x SWIT, 2 x FSW, 6 x CSW, 5 x Project Workers.
3. Has this team been expanded in any way - be it budget or staff, or scope in the last two years? - Yes, in terms of staffing and scope.
4. Increased focus on CSE, Neglect, Pre Birth Assessment and CP assessment and interventions relating to Pregnancy and Substance Misuse. Combining Child Protection and Youth Justice Team Interventions.