FOI Request - Information on Vacant Properties
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
I am performing a research piece for a nationwide charity on the abundance of vacant property in the UK. I am keen to demonstrate the unfortunate waste of space under current practices with concrete evidence. Would you please provide me with the following information for commercial premises which are currently vacant and where the rateable value of the property exceeds £5,000;
- The full address including postcode
- The name of the account holder where it is not an individual (if it is, please leave blank)
- The rateable value of the property
- The date on which the premises first became vacant
- The type of property (if such information is easily included)
Please find information on Council properties here.
Information on all properties in the area receiving empty property relief is published on our website and is therefore exempt under Section 25(1) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise accessible. For ease of reference please find a link to the web page here.