FOI Request Street Lights
1. How many street lights is/was your council responsible for? A) 2010 B) 2017
2. Does your council switch-off street lights for a period of time during the night? If so, how many lights are switched off?
3. Does your council dim street lights for a period of time during the night? If so, how many lights are dimmed?
4. Is your council planning to switch off or dim street lights in the future? If so, a) how many? and b) when?
5. If your council dims or switches-off street lights for a period of time during the night, how much money does this save annually?
1. A) 17,044 (Figure taken from 31st January 2010) B) 17,792.
2. No, we do not part night switch off the lights.
3. Yes, we have started dimming from 00:00 – 06:00. Currently approximately 3000 dim.
4. There are no plans to switch off lights completely. We are currently doing an LED project where we will be replacing all the lanterns in Moray and where possible we will be dimming them and this is over a five year period.
5. Information not available as we are carrying out a LED replacement project and the savings are changing weekly.