Draft Dallas Dhu Masterplan Consultation
Consultation dates 30 January 2017 to 27 March 2017
The Draft Dallas Dhu masterplan covers an area to the south of Forres and incorporates sites R6 Mannachie, R10 Dallas Dhu and Forres LONG 2. The masterplan has an indicative capacity of 172 houses.
The vision set out within the masterplan is to create a new edge to Forres creating an attractive high quality transition from urban to rural. A landscape led approach has been used to make the most of the natural features on site with half of the site area remaining undeveloped.
The draft masterplan has 3 character areas Mannachy, Dallas Dhu and rural edges that have distinctive characteristics. The draft masterplan includes the follow key elements;
- A strong frontage onto Mannachie Road punctuated by green wedges.
- A central tree lined spine street that provides visual and physical connectivity through the site.
- Improved access onto the Dava Way and a permeable network of pedestrian and cycle path connections.
- Provision of a range of housing densities and tenures to reflect the edge of town location.
- Large areas of green space, wetland habitat.
A drop in Exhibition is being held on 8 March 2017 at Forres Community Centre Red Room 4.30pm to 7.00pm.
Comments on the Draft Masterplan must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 27 March 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to Local Development Plan, Development Services, Moray Council, PO Box 6760, Elgin, IV30 9BX.