FOI Request Deaths In Care and Post Care
1. The number of young people in care over the last 10 years, broken down by year
2. Summary of the circumstances of death for each of the young people who have died in care. This information can be anonymised.
3. Number of deaths of care experienced adults in your LA area over the last 10 years
4. Summary of causes of deaths (as above) for each, anonymised. (High level summary- not looking for the specifics of each case, for example: 6 people committed suicide)
5. Causes of deaths of all young people between 0-16 + 16-24 years old for the last 10 years.
Q1. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information otherwise accessible, for ease of reference the information can be found at http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Children
Q2. Nil- no children have died in care in Moray in the last 10 years
Q3. 6, however, these are the numbers we are aware of and may not represent the true amount because there is no pre-requisite for this information to be reported to the Local Authority as such we only hold this information about users of care facilities who were still engaging with the department.
Q4. This information is exempt under Section 38(1)d of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- as it constitutes part of a deceased persons health record.
Q5. The Council do not hold this information, therefore it is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Information Not Held. We would suggest that the requester seeking the information approach the NHS or the National Records of Scotland (General Registrar) in Edinburgh who may keep records relating to causes of deaths.