FOI Request Funding of Continuing Care Provision
1. Draft proposals to the Scottish Government in regards to the scrutiny of the Continuing Care Provision set out in Part 11 of the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014
2. Whether the Local Authority has identified concerns in regards to the funding provision of the Continuing Care, in relation to the Councils allocated budget
3. (a) How much the Local Authority receive annually to implement the continuing care provision
(b) How much the Local Authority spends annually to implement the continuing care provision
4. How many care experienced young people in your Local Authority are eligible for the continuing care provision.
5. How many care experienced young people have been offered or have requested to remain in care under the continuing care provision
1.We do not have any draft proposals at this time therefore this information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Information Not Held.
2. As this is currently in the developmental stages it is less of a priority at this time. However we are over budget with the small numbers already in care and more are expressing an interest in continued care. We are aware it will become a significant issue, as more young people engage with this.
3. (a) £68,000
(b) We can’t really stipulate annual cost, however current spend at this time is indicated at £70,268
4. Based on age criteria (16+) alone = 20 however that doesn’t count other criteria/ need/ assessment/ desire for this service.
5. Numbers less than 5 are deemed to be disclosive and are therefore exempt under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; Personal Information.