FOI Request Foster Care Financial Information
1. Who, within the Local Authority, has commissioning responsibility for fostering placements for Looked After Children? Please provide the following:
b. Job title
c. Direct phone number
e. Email address.
2. Please provide a list of preferred independent fostering agencies. By ‘preferred’ we mean those agencies that would be considered and chosen for placements on a preferential basis by the council.
3. Please provide the following fee related information:
a. The current 2017/18 fee for foster parents (i.e. the pay foster parent would receive)
b. The current 2017/18 amount given for basic fostering allowances.
4. Please provide the following information related to Fostering placements for Looked After Children. Please provide actual figures for years 2013/14 to 2016/17, as well as predicted figures for 2017/18.
a. The number of children cared for by a foster carer provided by the Council
b. The number of children cared for by a foster carer arranged through an independent fostering agency
5. What is the gross total expenditure on fostering services for Looked After Children? Please provide actual figures for financial years 2013/14 to 2016/17, as well as budgeted expenditure for 2017/18.
1. a. Name Jennifer Gordon
b. Job title Corporate Parenting and Commissioning Manager
c. Direct phone number 01343 563553 | 07971 882944
d. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. – We use the SXL contract in the first instance – and other providers if that national contract can’t meet needs/ matching considerations
3. – The current 2017/18 fee for foster parents (i.e. the pay foster parent would receive) Level 1 £85.11; Level 2 £141.85; Level £198.62 b. The current 2017/18 amount given for basic fostering allowances 0-4 £142.86;5-10 £162.73; 11-15 £202.58; 16+ £246.44
|Reporting Year||No. of Children during year|
|13-14||111 = 90 LA fc carer and 21 purchased in fc|
|14-15||101 = 84 LA fc carers and 17 purchased in fc|
|15-16||101 = 80 LA fc carers and 21 purchased in fc|
|16-17||127 = 94 LA fc carers and 33 purchased in fc|
|Projected 17-18||119 = 94 LA fc carers and 25 purchased in fc|
5. Actuals Budgeted
2013/14 2014/15 2015/16 2016/17 2017/18
Total Expenditure Council Provided Foster Care Services £2,380,357 £2,359,739 £2,336,942 £2,403,907 £2,517,688
Total Expenditure Independent Fostering Agencies £923,679 £987,328 £1,199,696 £1,476,096 £1,211,570