FOI Request Carer Neglect
1. As a council with responsibility for social care, I would like to know:
- How many allegations of abuse and neglect were made against home carers contracted by your local authority in 2016?
- How many allegations of abuse and neglect were made against home carers contracted by your local authority in each of the five years prior (2011-2015)?
- I would like these figures to be given over calendar years, not financial years.
2. More specifically, can you break down the allegations of neglect and abuse in 2016 into the following categories and tell me how many allegations were made in each:
- For these, if it remains within the £600 threshold for an FOI, can I have specific details of the abuse and neglect that were alleged across the different categories i.e. ‘Physical: 10 reports were for bruising; 12 reports were for bed ulcers etc.’ I am aware this might go over the monetary limit for FOI’s, in which case please simply inform me and answer the other questions not including this one.
3. In 2016, what were the ages and genders of each of those who made the allegations/on whose behalf the allegations were made? Age brackets i.e. 60-65 etc. are fine of course.
4. How many of these allegations of abuse and neglect in 2016 were deemed valid, and how many were fully investigated?
1-3. Numbers less than 5 are deemed to be disclosive and are therefore exempt under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; Personal Information.We can confirm that there were less than 5 reports in each year requested above but to release further information could potentially identify individuals- both complainants and the accused.
4. All allegations were investigated.