FOI Request Assistive Technology Services
1.) Does your Local Authority have in-house provision for assistive technology and telecare services and what percentage of the total amount is spent with external providers?
2) How much did your Local Authority spend on assistive technology and telecare services in 2015/16 and 2016/17 and how much is it planning to spend in 2017/18 on either a ‘spot’ or ‘block’ contract basis? 3) How many service users in your area received assistive technology and telecare services on 1st April 2015, 1st April 2016 and 1st April 2017?
4) Please provide; full names, job titles and contact details (including telephone numbers and email addresses) of the responsible Managers and Officers and what section / department these staff are part of?
5) Please provide details of any forthcoming tenders and contract renewals for such services? I would also be very interested in reading any other comments about commissioning and implementation of assistive technology and telecare services, including any other requirements in your area you might have.
1. Yes. Please note that the figures for Q1 are only for the staffing costs for the Community Alarm service which is provided by Moray Council staff. All external purchases are for direct telecare equipment.
2015/16 - £34,082
2016/17 - £47,516
2017/18 - £59,045
2) 2015/16 - £45,306
2016/17 - £67,614
2017/18 projected spend - 63,662
3) April 2015 - 1708
April 2016 - 1673
April 2017 - 1765
4) Marie Simpson, TEC Occupational Therapist, 01343 544166, email@example.com
5) We do not have any tenders forthcoming specifically for assistive technology. However it may well be part of service specification requirements to have it available for example if tendering for accommodation based services. Equipment for people with sensory impairment was recently awarded and contained technology as part of the tender specification. We are working on a market position statement which will include, if required, this area or service provision