FOI Request Equality Incidents and Training in Schools
(1) Please could you indicate the number of homophobic incidents targeted at pupils, reported in each of your schools (listed individually by name and number) that were reported in the 2016 - 2017 academic year?
(2) Please could you indicate the number of homophobic incidents targeted at staff, reported in each of your schools (listed individually by name and number) that were reported in the 2016 - 2017 academic year?
(3) Please indicate which of your schools have received staff training on dealing with LGBT issues and from whom (e.g. from a specific external organisation or the council).
(4) Please list which schools have either achieved Bronze, Silver or Gold, or are registered with LGBT Youth Scotland's School Charter Mark.
(5) For clarity and to put the above into perspective, please indicate the total number of schools in your council.
1 - We' have 3 recorded incidents of homophobic bullying aimed at pupils in Moray: 1 in a primary school and 2 secondary. The names of the schools involved are withheld under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of information (Scotland) Act 2002 for reasons of confidentiality.
2 - We've had no reports of incidents aimed at staff.
3 - Staff from 8 Secondary Schools have received training via NHS or Stonewall
4 - Schools are not registered
5 - 8 Secondary Schools and 46 Primary Schools