FOI Request Roads (Scotland ) Act 1984 - S12, S68, S70 & S71
Freedom of Information Request - re Roads (Scotland ) Act 1984 - S12, S68, S70 & S71
We would like to (and hereby do) make an Information Request that we be provided with the following details in regards to Notices/Orders that have been issued by the Council under the legislation listed above in the period to 15th June 2017:
• Notices or Orders that remain extant
• Notices or Orders that have been complied with and have monies owed to the Council
• Notices or Orders that have invoices pending in respect of works carried out by or on behalf of the Council to resolve the matter
When answering in the negative to any of the above, we would be obliged if you would confirm that you are doing so.
Wherever possible we would be grateful if the information could be prepared to include the following:
•addresses of the subjects the actions are served over.
•summary descriptions of the nature of the works/contravention.
•status of the action.
•amounts owed to the council (when available).
1) To list the details of every Stopping Up Order would require examination of approximately 1100 traffic regulation orders and would cost the Council in excess of the £600 limit outlines in section 12(1) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
2) We are not aware of any monies owed by the Council or any invoices pending in respect of any works carried out in connection with the Orders made under the legislation.
3) Orders made by Moray Council from 15th June 2012 to 15th June 2017 are as follows (see attached):
S12, S70 & S71 of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984 - None
S68(1) of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984;
- The Moray Council (U23E Loch Oire Road - Stopping Up) Order 2013 - came into operation on 15th January 2014; HERE
- The Moray Council (Various Sections of Road, Elgin - Stopping Up) Order 2016 - came into operation on 16th May 2016; HERE
- The Moray Council (U137E MacAllan Road - Stopping Up) Order 2016 - came into operation on 16th December 2016.HERE