FOI Request Mental Health in Schools
• How many primary and secondary schools are in your local authority area?
• How many of those schools currently have counselling services based on the school premises and operating for pupils? (please break down by primary and secondary)
• How many pupils are currently enrolled in your schools? (please break down by primary and secondary)
• How many children accessed school-based counselling services in your council area last academic year? (most recent available figures please)
• What were the main issues raised by children accessing school-based counselling services in the last academic year? (broken down as a percentage of the total number of issues raised)
• How many of your schools have at least one teacher currently based there who has received Scottish Mental Health First Aid training or an equivalent training course in the last five years?
• How many teachers in your local authority area have completed Scottish Mental Health First Aid training or an equivalent training course in the last five years?
• Do you have a strategy for improving access to mental health support in your schools? If so, could you please provide a copy of the strategy?
• How many children were referred to CAMHS in the last academic year in your area?
• How many of those referrals were rejected?
• What data do you hold on the reasons for rejection from CAMHS?
• What data do you hold on the alternative support offered to children and young people who have been rejected from CAMHS?
1.Primary - 46; Secondary - 8
3. Primary - 7026; Secondary - 4915
4. This information is only held in individual pupil files therefore this information is exempt under Section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Excessive cost of compliance.
5. As Above- Not Known
6.This information is only held in individual teacher files therefore this information is exempt under Section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Excessive cost of compliance.
7. As above- not known.
8. We don’t have a strategy as yet but this will be part of the ongoing work of the newly formed GIRFEC multi-agency Strategic group
9 - 12 CAMHS in managed and provided by NHS Grampian. The requester will need to contact them directly for this information.