FOI Request Social Workers and Child Protection
1. I would like to know how many frontline social workers you have working in child protection in each of the last five financial years. (2016/17, 2015/16, 2014/15, 2013/14 and 2012/13)
2. would also like to know how many vacancies you have for frontline social workers working in child protection in each of the last five financial years.
(If the answer to these first two questions fluctuated over the course of each year, I suggest providing the number employed/vacancies on April 1st of each year.)
3. I would also like to know how many deaths of children know to social work occurred in your council area in each of the last five financial years.
4. And how many child protection serious or significant case reviews you have had in each of the last five financial years?
5. And if possible, can you attach the findings/recommendations of those case reviews?
Q1&2 - In accordance with Section 17 the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, we can confirm that this information is not held - as all Social Workers may be required to undertake Child Protection duties we are not able to differentiate figures.
Q3,4,&5 - No child deaths known to social work that required a significant case review