FOI Request Care Home Fee Payments
1. What is the average weekly fee currently (financial year 2017/18) being paid by your authority to support older (65+) residents of independent sector care homes in a) residential care and b) nursing care? Note: average weekly fees should be stated gross of user charges and net of NHS FNC payable by CCGs*
2. How many older (65+) residents are you currently** supporting in independent sector care homes for a) residential care and b) nursing care***?
3. How many residents are you currently** supporting in local authority operated residential care homes***?
* For example, a local authority supports an individual in nursing care at a fee rate of £855 per week including NHS FNC and the local authority receives client contributions of £190 per week. With NHS FNC in England at £155 per week, the weekly fee gross of user charges and net of NHS FNC is £700.
**Latest available figure
***Include full cost payers, if any
1. NCHC (National Care Home Contract) Agreed gross weekly rate is £574.42 for Residential Care and £667.09 for Nursing Care.
Taking into account the FPC payment (Free Personal Care) which is payable by the local authority and NOT Health Board, the weekly figures change as follows:- Residential = £403.42 (£574.42 minus £171 = £403.42) Nursing = £418.09 (£667.09 minus £249 = £418.09)
2. Figures as of 09.10.17
a) Residential = 327
b) Nursing = 158
3. None – Moray Council do not own any care homes