FOI Request No Recourse To Public Funds
I am looking for information on the support provided by the council to people (and their dependents) assessed as having No Recourse To Public Funds (NRPF) under Section 115 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
For each of the last three calendar years where information is available (Please provide figures for each year):
1. How many people with NRPF status have approached the council to request financial assistance?
2. How many people with NRPF status subsequently received financial assistance from the council following an approach? How many people were refused financial support?
3. How many people with NRPF status that subsequently received financial assistance from the council following an approach also had dependent children? How many people with NRPF status and dependent children were refused financial support?
4. What is the total amount spent by the local authority on supporting people with NRPF status? Please break this down into annual housing costs and subsistence costs.
5. How many children of people with NRPF status have been taken into care by the local authority?
6. If any information is shared by the local authority to the Department of Work and Pensions (or other UK Government entity) on people with NRPF status receiving support, please confirm what personal information is shared. If any regular reports are provided to these government agencies please supply a copy of the most recent report provided.
This information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002- Information Not Held. We don’t hold stats specific to support provided to a person with NRPF.