FOI Request Pest Control
Please provide me with data regarding pest infestations in residential properties in your council area, for the last 10 years (including the current financial year to date). This data should include:
• For each financial year, and if possible by month, how many infestations have been reported to the council? If possible, please give an additional breakdown by property type (i.e. flat/house), and type of infestation i.e. rats, mice, bed bugs etc.
• For each financial year, and if possible by month, how many of these infestations have been treated by the council?
• For each financial year, please provide me with a table of post codes where an infestation was reported, and how many reports were reported within that post code. If this is not possible to do for all years, then please just provide data for 2017/18.
• For each financial year, tell me how many staff posts (FTE equivalent) there were/are for pest controllers.
1. The information you requested is available here
2. The information you requested is available here
3. The information you requested is available here
4. Animal Services have been employed by Moray Council over the 10 years covering dog warden duties, animal health duties and pest control . Based on work load the authority would have had 1 FTE officer on pest control from April 08 until March 2011. New dog control legislation introduced around that time and this has resulted in a large increase in this area of work. FTE on pest control since April 2011 is as follows: April 2011- March 2012 = 0.9; April 2012 - March 2013 = 0.8; April 2013 - March 2014 = 0.75, April 2014-March 2015 =0.75, April 15- March 16 = 0.75; April 16-March 17 = 0.75; March 17 to date 0.75.