FOI Request LED Street Lighting
I would like to enquire the following information relating to the installation and maintenance of street lights.
I would like to request:
1. Has the council installed any energy efficient street lighting in the last five years, such as replacing halogen bulbs with LED street lights?
2. If the council is in the process of installing any energy efficient street lighting, please confirm when the council started to do this and provide an estimate of when the council expects to have switched all street lights to energy efficient street lighting.
3. How much did the council spend on running, installing and maintaining street lighting under the council’s jurisdiction in 2015, 2016 and 2017?
4. How much does the council estimate they will spend on running, installing and maintaining street lighting under the council’s jurisdiction in 2018?
5. How many complaints were received in relation to new energy efficient street lighting, if any, during 2017?
6. Please estimate how much money the council currently saves following the installation of any energy efficient street lighting on a monthly and annual basis?
1. Yes Moray Council started to replace all SOX and SON lanterns in 2015/16
2. The end of 2019/20 financial year for all SOX and SON lanterns
2015 running £634,088.43
2015 installing £700,419.79
2015 maintaining £256,120.50
2016 running £687,704.55
2016 installing £740,766.44
2016 maintaining £252,610.56
2017 running £677,633.24
2017 installing £1,838,831.15
2017 maintaining £150,584.16
Estimate 2018 running £569,295
Estimate 2015 installing £1,860,000
Estimate 2015 maintaining £150,000
5. There were 12No. enquiries and 2No. complaints.
6. Figures are the savings on previous year (2017/18 – 2016/17)
Electricity unit price fluctuates due to advanced buying, the energy consumption is increasing with new installations and decreasing with LED lantern replacements of current stock.