FOI Request Council IT Hardware
I would like to request the following breakdown of the Councils IT hardware maintenance contracts and associated costs.
• A list of the models of all physical servers, storage devices, tape libraries and network switches under support contracts.
• The cost and duration of said contracts, with start and end dates and service level associated with the equipment.
• Could you also supply the names of the suppliers of the aforementioned support services for each contract?
• I would also request the name and full contact details of the person/s in your organisation responsible for the maintenance support contracts.
The Council considers that the release of information in relation to the makes and models of the various components of the ICT infrastructure would cause substantial prejudice to the effective conduct of public affairs. The Council is therefore refusing to give this information to you under section 30 (c) of the Freedom of Information Act 2002. There is a very real risk that detailed information such as this regarding our ICT infrastructure could be used to compromise the security and gain unauthorised entry to the Council's information systems.
The Council is also required to consider the public interest in whether or not this information is released. It believes there is a strong public interest in protecting the integrity of, and data held on its IT systems. It has a duty to all those whose data it holds to protect this data. There is also a strong public interest in protecting the Council's business reputation. The risks in releasing the information requested are considered to outweigh any public benefit in knowing the details of the make up the Council's IT systems.
Summary information in relation to hardware maintenance and costs is included in the table below:
The contacts for ICT maintenance contracts are the ICT Applications Manager and the ICT Infrastructure Manager. Please use the contact details provided on the council's website here.
|Maintenance Agreement Details|
|Hardware Type||Make||Provider||Period||Renewal Date||Cost||Service Level|
|Unix Servers||Sun/Oracle||SCC||Annual||June 2018||£12,800||24x7 with next business day on site|
|Windows Servers||Dell||Maindec||Annual||April 2019||£23,000||24x7 with 8 hour response|
|Network Equipment||Nortel/Avaya||Maintel||Annual||April 2019||£9,000||8 till 6 with 4 hour response, next day on-site|
1. The maintenance costs for the Unix storage and tape library are included in the overall cost for the Unix server maintenance.
2. The maintenance costs for the Windows storage and tape Library are included in the Windows server maintenance.