FOI Request Private Rental Assistance
Please could you provide me with information about the following:
1. the number of requests for advice have been made to the council by private rental tenants in each of the following years - 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013, if possible, broken down by the reason for the request for advice, e.g. Eviction or being asked to leave your home (Notice to Quit), Harassment from landlord, Repairs, Deposits, Rent and other charges etc.
2. The number of complaints to environmental health or to the tenancy relations officer (or similar) relating to health and safety hazards in private rented properties in each of the following years - 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013.
3. How many environmental health inspections were carried out in private rented properties in each of the following years - 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013. Please also provide a breakdown for each year for how many inspections led to no further action taken, how many led to informal action, how many hazard awareness notices were sent, how many improvement notices, how many emergency work notices and how many prohibition notices.
4. How many officers (FTE) did the council have that had a responsibility for private rental matters in each of the following years - 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013
1. The Scottish Government introduced a mandatory data collection for local authorities on Housing Options on April 1 2014 (PREVENT1) Please find attached document here providing details of the “Reason for Approach” to our Housing Options Team as reported To the Scottish Government covering 2014/15, 2015/16 & 2016/17. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information not held, we are unable to provide details before this period.
The types of enforcement action referred to cannot be taken by Moray Council due to the legislation not being in applicable in Scotland. Details of the closing and demolition orders, and also works notices issued can however, be found on the Council’s website and are therefore exempt under section 25(1) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information otherwise accessible.
4. FTE Officers