FOI Request Pothole Claims Process

Request 101001750779

Please could you provide the process in which motorists should use to make a claim against the council for pothole damage to vehicles.

It would be appreciated if you could include the name of the department responsible for handling claims, telephone number, email address and postal address.

Is there a timeframe in which the claim must be made after the incident and repairs are completed?

Also is there any other information required apart from date/time location, photos of locus, vehicle damage and repairs invoice in order to make claim?

Response 20-03-2018

1. Motorists should contact the Council and an Accident Claim form will be sent to them for completion.

2. Tel. 0300 123 4565. This information is available on the Council’s website. All claims are sent to the Council’s Claims Handling Agents to deal with.

3. In accordance with the law of limitation any claim for property damage must be made within 5 years of the incident date.

4. Depends on any further information requested by the Council's Claims Handling Agents.

Online Services

A-Z of Online Forms |

Rate this Page