FOI Request - EU Nationals
1. The total number of European nationals living within the jurisdiction of the council (ie the total number of EU nationals that the council is aware of in their area) and how this number was arrived at.
2. A copy of all council communications targeting EU nationals specifically since 2016 (including social media ads or posts targeting the EU population)
3. Has the council written to European nationals in its area to inform them of their rights and options following Brexit? If yes, how many times? Please provide the letters.
4. What, if any, preparation has the council undertaken as regards European nationals within their area and the implementation of Brexit? Is there a communication strategy for EU nationals informing them of the impact of Brexit? If yes, please provide me with a copy.
5. Will the council be informing EU nationals that they can vote in the upcoming local elections? How?
1. The figure that Moray Council work to is 3,000 EU citizens in the area. That figure is drawn from two sources: i. the UK Government official figures - and ii. Annual Population Survey (APS), Office for National Statistics, National Records of Scotland. Note: Data from the APS is rounded to the nearest 1,000.
2. Please find a link to a page on the Council's website here. The link to this is on the council’s website under Spotlight: Rights for EEA/EU Citizens in Scotland.
News items: 3/2/2020 announcement of information session held at Elgin Library on Saturday 15th February 2020.
3. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please be advised that no information is held.
4. There is support available at Elgin Library to assist relevant EU citizens in registering for the Scheme, in addition to the information sessions that were a joint venture with Citizens Rights Project. Also, the Children and Families team have worked with 'Looked After Children' who need to apply for right to remain. There is not a communications strategy in place.
5. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please be advised that no information is held.