FOI Request - Universal Credit Funding
request access to the following information:
1. Whether your local authority has set aside, or plans to set aside, money to cover the rollout of Universal Credit;
2. The total amount of money your local authority has so far spent on costs associated with the roll-out of Universal Credit;
3. The total amount of money, if any, that your local authority currently has set aside to cover further additional costs associated with the full service roll-out of Universal Credit;
4. The amount of money that your local authority estimates it will have to spend over the course of the roll-out of set aside in the future to cover further additional costs associated with the full service roll-out of Universal Credit.
5. Whether any of the above has been met by funding provided by the DWP and, if so, how much?
As an example, the costs above could relate to (but should not be exclusive to): covering late payments/non-payments of council rent as a result of changes to the way in which tenants receive social security; covering additional demand on services as a result of the change in the structure of benefits; employing further staff (either temporary or permanent) to cope with the increase in work; implementing new infrastructure to cope with changes to services or demand.