FOI Request - Old Technology
May we please ask under FOI for details on the policy about old technology and what is currently happening with the old technology from the council and from the educational institutions you are funding.
1) In particular where the old items are going ?
2) what percentage is going to help those in the local community that can not afford computers.
3) when the contract / arrangements are up for review.
4) Please provide information how your institution is addressing Scope 3 Carbon Emissions in relation with old technology as per our other 3 questions below. Further information on this can be found in this recent Bloomberg report below:
-- Local donations clearly provide reduction on Scope 3 emissions, they also prolong the life span of technology and help meet social obligations.
1) Ordinarily the Council uses a local company with charitable status to recycle old equipment. However, at the moment, all equipment is required to help facilitate home working as a result of the pandemic.
3) March 2021
4) In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please be advised that this information is not held.