FOI Request - Emergency Accommodation for People Rough Sleeping
Please provide the latest data on those provided with emergency accommodation by the council as part of the Covid-19 pandemic response. This data should include people who were sleeping rough, in shared sleeping sites, and who became vulnerable to rough sleeping during the pandemic.
1. Total number provided with emergency accommodation at some point
2. Number still in emergency accommodation
3. Number evicted from emergency accommodation
4. Number found longer-term accommodation by the council or its partners
5. Number who have left emergency accommodation of their own accord
Please find our response below. We have provided information on emergency accommodation provided by the Council:
(a) directly as part of the COVID19 - pandemic response
(b) simply during that period.
1. (a) The numbers are so few that disclosure could risk identifying individuals, this information is therefore exempt under section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 ‘personal information’. We can however advise that less than 5 people were provided with temporary accommodation as part of Test and Protect.
(b) Between 24 March 2020 and 6 August 2020, we have provided 115 households with temporary accommodation. These would be regarded as standard homeless cases with no COVID 19 related issues.
2. (a) None
(b) 89 of the 115 households in Q1 are currently occupying temporary accommodation.
3. (a) None
(b) At this time, the Council like all other social housing landlords are not evicting homeless people from their accommodation. No homeless persons have been evicted during the period requested by the FOI.
4. (a) None.
(b) 26 of the 115 households in Q1 have left temporary accommodation. Of these, 9 have accepted longer-term accommodation.
5. (a) The numbers are so few that disclosure could risk identifying individuals, this information is therefore exempt under section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 ‘personal information’. We can however advise that the number is less than 5.
(b) 17 households have left temporary accommodation during the period.