FOI Request - Parking Fines
1. How many traffic wardens were operational in your borough between January 1st 2020 and July 31st 2020?
2. What was their combined payroll cost?
3. How many parking tickets were issued in that time period?
4. How much was collected in fines in that time period?
Moray Council do not employ Traffic Wardens. On-street parking is enforced by Police Scotland.
Moray Council employs Car Park Attendants to enforce the regulations in off-street car parks governed by our Car Park Order. Fines issued relating to off-street parking are Excess Charge Notices.
The response to this FOI is therefore based on off-street car parks relating to Car Park Attendants
1. Moray Council employs 4 Car Park Attendants - 3 FTE
2. Payroll costs for above - 1 Jan 2020 - 31 July 2020 - £39,495
3. No of Excess Charge Notices issued 1 Jan 2020 - 31 July 2020 - 283
4. Income received from Excess Charge Notices 1 Jan 2020 - 31 July 2020 - £15,866