FOI Request - Complementary and Alternative Medicines Practitioners
1. Does the Council hold a register, directory, database or any other list of Complementary and Alternative medicines (CAM) practitioners? This could include, but is not limited to, the following disciplines:
o Massage therapists
2. Please provide a full list containing all the above practitioners (and any additional operators) that are licensed within the council area, together with the dates that licences were issued
3. What is the criteria that council officers use to approve and issue appropriate licence(s)?
4. What is the ongoing process of monitoring the above practitioners once they have been approved for a licence?
As governed by the following Acts:
• The Local Government (miscellaneous provisions) Act 1982 Part VIII as amended by the Local Government Act 2003
• The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• The Hypnotism Act 1952
• Any other Act that Local Government has in place in the area governing complementary practitioners including massage, skin piercing and any Complementary and Alternative medicines (CAM) practices.
In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that such a list is not held.
Please find a list of the information we hold in respect of skin piercing and tattoo licences attached here.
There is a set of standard conditions that govern skin piercing licences.
All premises and persons applying for a licence are subject to licence checks.
Certain medical practitioners are exempt from applying for a licence.
Please see our website for further information.