Community Council Scheme Review
The Scheme of Establishment of Community Councils, by sets out the framework and rules by which community councils in Moray are operated. The council must periodically review the Scheme to allow for updates and improve the Scheme. The review will cover the current framework, numbers of Community Councils and their membership and boundaries, their role and responsibilities and the rules by which they operate.
The review and consultation periods have now completed. A report on the final proposals was put before Moray Council on 30 June 2021.
The Community Council Scheme provides a framework for the operation of Community Councils and contains information about membership and eligibility, conduct, meeting arrangements and area descriptions. It is usually reviewed every four years prior to Community Council elections which are due to be held in from mid August 2021.
The current scheme can be found here and is in force until September 2021 - Moray Council Scheme for Community Councils 2017-2021 (567kb, PDF). The Scheme of Arrangements for Community Council Elections (PDF, 291kB) was also reviewed
The public consultation will run in two stages.
- First report to Council - Sets out the intention to review the Scheme and invites (23 Sept 20) Appendix 1 and Appendix 2, Minute of Meeting (to follow)
- Stage 1 (24 Sept - 19 Nov) First stage of the consultation - public feedback on current scheme and suggestions/recommendations for improvement.
- Draft Scheme - The first stage of the public consultation is used to inform the production of an amended draft Scheme.
- Stage 2 - Second stage of the consultation - public feedback on current scheme and suggestions/recommendations for improvement.
- Draft Scheme Amendments - Amend draft scheme following public consultation, incorporating changes as required.
- Second report to Council - Report the draft amended scheme to Council, for approval in late June 2021.
Scheme is then implemented at the date of the next Community Council election.
This public consultation ran from 24 September 2020 - 19 November 2020.
- Notice of Intention to Review and invitation to comment on the Moray Community Council Scheme (PDF, 259kb)
- Discussion Prompt document (PDF, 200kb) - A guide to assist consideration and discussion about the current review
- Current Moray Council Scheme for Community Councils 2017-2021 (567kb, PDF)
- Link to map tool showing Community Council Maps
- Responses from the first stage of consultation (606kb, PDF)
This public consultation ran from 18 December 2020 - 24 February 2021.
- Notice of review of the Scheme – 2nd stage (PDF, 8kb)
- Community Council Scheme of Establishment 2021-2025 (Draft) (PDF, 1,099kb)
- Electoral Scheme for Community Councils 2021-2025(Draft) (PDF, 603kb)
- Note and map on proposed boundary amendment for Findhorn & Kinloss / Heldon CC (PDF, 447kb)
- Overview document listing all amendments made to the CC Scheme and the electoral scheme (PDF, 465kb)
- Responses from the second stage of consultation (410kb, PDF)
The revised scheme 2021-2025 (965kb, PDF) was approved at a meeting of the Moray Council on 30 June 2021.
For information about the review please contact Democratic Services at email@example.com or 01343 563334.
Community Council Liaison Officer