FOI Request - Moray Integration Joint Board Waiting List Alterations
1) How many people are currently waiting to get a assessment carried by Occupational Therapist about getting alterations to be undertaken at their homes (ie. such as a wet room, lowering work tops)?
2) Could you please provide the average waiting times for people to get assessments carried by Occupational Therapist about getting alterations pre covid - High Priority and Medium Priority?
3) Could you please provide the average waiting times for people getting assessments carried by Occupational Therapist about getting alterations during covid - High Priority and Medium Priority?
4) How many years is it expected to take to clear the backlog?
1) The waiting list on 17 May 2021 was 429.
2) Our Priorities are Critical (High) Substantial (Medium) Critical priority waiting times were between 1 to 10 days pre Covid Substantial priority waiting times were on average 5 weeks pre Covid.
3) Our Priorities are Critical (High) Substantial (Medium) Critical priority waiting times are now between 1 to 10 days Substantial priority waiting times are now approx. 1 year.
4) In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please be advised that this information is not held. We can however, provide the following comment in order to be helpful:
It is very difficult to say how long it will take to clear the OT waiting list backlog. From experience of working to reduce waiting times for OT assessment we would estimate that it is likely to take approx. 2 years to get back to pre Covid waiting times for assessment.
Please note these waiting times are for Occupational Therapy assessment only. Waiting times for Occupational Therapy assistant assessment that lead to simple equipment and minor adaptations are the same now as OT pre Covid waiting time.