Keeping The Promise in Moray
Moray Council has pledged that we will work to keep The Promise, placing children and families at the heart of everything we do ensuring that every child grows up loved, safe and respected, and able to realise their full potential.
- Children must be listened to and meaningfully and appropriately involved in decision-making about their care, with all those involved properly listening and responding to what children want and need. There must be a compassionate, caring, decision-making culture focussed on children and those they trust.
- Where children are safe in their families and feel loved they must stay – and families must be given support together to nurture that love and overcome the difficulties which get in the way.
- Where living with their family is not possible, children must stay with their brothers and sisters where safe to do so and belong to a loving home, staying there for as long as needed.
- The children that Scotland cares for must be actively supported to develop relationships with people in the workforce and wider community, who in turn must be supported to listen and be compassionate in their decision-making and care.
- The system that surrounds all of this - the system of help, decision-making, support and accountability - must be more supportive and responsive.
What are we doing to keep The Promise in Moray?
Moray Council has invested in the creation of a Promise Team and they are responsible for ensuring that Keeping The Promise is a key priority in achieving real change for our children and families across Moray.
Through partnership working and involving children and families in all decision making we will ensure we are delivering on identified local commitments and actions through Keeping Our Promise – and our Children’s Service Plan 2020-2023.
Local priority actions are structured around the five Promise priorities:
- A Good Childhood
- Whole Family Support
- Supporting the Workforce
- Building Capacity
The Promise Team can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org