FOI Request - Holiday Childcare Survey 2023
1. About you
Your telephone number
Your email address
Name of person providing information
We will only use this information to contact you about any queries with your survey.
Note on terminology
By a holiday club, we mean any Care Inspectorate registered provision for school-aged children which is open in the school holidays where parents can leave their child, including play schemes. Please do not include childminders in your responses to questions in this survey.
‘Maintained’ means run by the local authority, a state school or local authority run nursery. ‘PVI’ means provision run by the private sector, voluntary providers, or independent schools.
State-funded schools include community schools, voluntary schools and academies, both primary and secondary.
In each section of this survey please report on your most recent data.
Section A – Cost of holiday childcare
2. Please give the typical (average/mean) price per day and per week of a full time place in a holiday club in your local area.
Typical price per day Typical price per week
3. Please provide us with the price of full time holiday childcare per week at:
The most expensive holiday club that you are aware of in your area
The cheapest holiday club that you are aware of in your area
Section B – Amount of holiday childcare in your area
4. What is the total number of holiday clubs in the PVI and maintained sector?
Total number of holiday clubs
Total in PVI sector
Total in maintained sector
Section C – When holiday childcare is available
5. How many holiday clubs in your area are open for a maximum of short, medium or long days?
Important guidance on completing question 5:
• For holiday clubs that offer different opening hours, please count them just once in relation the longest day they offer on any day in the week. For example, if a holiday club offers short and medium days on one day or on different days, count it just once as 'Medium day'.
• The first row of numbers you enter must sum to the total number of maintained sector holiday clubs in your area, as shown in your answer to question 4 (see the example).
• The second row of numbers you enter must sum to the total number of PVI sector holiday clubs in your area, as shown in your answer to question 4 (see the example).
Short day (less than 7 hours) Medium day
(7 to 9 hours) Long day (more than 9 hours) Opening times not known Total No. of clubs
Example 3 4 2 1 10
6. How many holiday clubs in your area are usually open in each of the school holidays and inset days?
Important guidance on completing question 6:
• Each holiday club can be counted once for each of the school holiday periods in which they are open.
• This means that answers to this question do not need to sum to the total number of holiday clubs in your area (see the example) as one holiday club may be counted more than once.
Summer holiday Easter holiday Christmas holiday Half terms INSET days
Example 10 6 3 6 2
Section D – Changes to childcare providers and places
7. a) For the following categories, please mark the box (X) indicating whether the total number of holiday clubs/play scheme providers has increased, decreased, or stayed the same since 2022.
Increased Decreased Same as 2022 Not applicable (none either year) Data not held or cannot tell
b) Similarly, please mark the box (X) indicating whether the total number of holiday childcare places across all sectors has increased, decreased, or stayed the same since 2022.
Increased Decreased Same as 2022 Data not held or cannot tell
Overall number of places
Section E – Whether there is enough holiday childcare
8. Is there enough holiday childcare in your local authority area (childcare sufficiency) for the following groups?
Yes: in all areas Yes: in some areas No Data not held or cannot tell
4-7 year olds
8-11 year olds
12-14 year olds
Parents working full-time (9am-5pm on weekdays)
Parents working atypical hours (outside 9am to 5pm on weekdays)
Please leave this question blank if there are no rural areas in your local authority
Children in rural areas
Not held. Moray Council does not run holiday clubs and we do not hold information on private holiday clubs. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.