FOI Request - Flood Risk Sub-district Advisory Group
I ask for the following to be answered:
The Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act (2009) requires the lead local authority for each Local Plan District to publish a “Local Flood Risk Management Plan”. The Moray Council is the lead local authority for The Findhorn, Nairn and Speyside Local Plan District (LPD05). Under section 50 of the Flood Management Risk Legislation of 2009, in drawing up flood management details for an area of vulnerability a Sub-district flood risk advisory group must be set up.
Speymouth is covered by the Findhorn, Nairn and Speyside Flood Risk Management Plan.
1. Please advise if there is a Sub-district flood risk advisory group for the Speymouth Area,
2. who the members are and
3. who appoints/selects members.
4. Please further advise when and where such a group meets, together with
5. copies of minutes of the most recent 3 meetings.
1. The Sub-district Flood Risk Advisory Group are known as the Local Advisory Groups (LAGS). There is one which covers the North East of Scotland which the Spey area is part of.
2. Anyone can take part.
3. There is no appointment process.
4. Meetings are arranged by the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA).
5. Not held. Minutes are produced and held by SEPA. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.