Drug and Alcohol - Advice and Support
The following services are available:-
- Moray Alcohol and Drug Partnership
- Services Available:
- Family Planning
- Referral and Assessment Process
The Moray Alcohol and Drug Partnership
The Moray Alcohol and Drug Partnership (MADP) is a multi-agency partnership, accountable directly to the Moray Community Planning Partnership through the Healthier Strategic Group. The MADP has been established to respond to national strategies on alcohol, drugs and volatile substances.
The purpose of the MADP is to reduce the impact of problematic alcohol and drug use on individuals, families and communities by co-ordinating the work of the statutory and third sector agencies and by developing and implementing strategies for tackling alcohol and drug problems at a local level.
The Moray Alcohol and Drug Partnership have 5 key priorities set out in the ‘Delivering Recovery Through Sustainable Change’ strategy document. These are:
- Law enforcement
- Children and Family Support
- Service Delivery
The MADP does not provide treatment services but commission’s statutory and voluntary agencies to provide the full range of drug and alcohol treatment services, both structured and open access, including services for those in the criminal justice system. The Support Team takes a lead with involving service users and carers in developing services.
- Counselling, advice and support for drug users and those affected by drug use.
- Drug education and training for clinical staff and other agencies.
- Outreach needle exchange services
- Home detoxification, counselling, advice and support
- Advice and support is also available to those who live with or care for someone who has an alcohol problem.
- Assessment for services including counselling and residential rehabilitation.
- Free condom service
A list of contacts for local and national services which provide support is available here.
Referral and Assessment Process
Moray Alcohol and Drug Partnership have commissioned Quarriers (Arrows). The service will provide individual needs based interventions for people with a range of substance misuse issues.
You will receive an assessment within 72 hours and then be provided with an onward referral to the treatment service that meets your needs.
23 High Street
Tel: 01343 552382
Moray Alcohol and Drug Partnership