Please note that due to daily maintenance activities, this service is unavailable every day from 6.30pm for approximately 10 minutes.
You can use our Public Access online search facility to
- Find out more about a Planning Application
- Comment on an application
- Check the final planning decision
- Track the progress of an application
- Check our weekly lists
How to Use the Public Access Portal
To use the Public Access Application search facility go to the search box and enter a keyword, reference number, postcode or single line of an address, click search, then choose the appropriate application. You can also use the online maps to search visually.
You will be able to:
- Make a comment about a Planning Application online by going to the Comment tab, find out more about making a comment on an application.
- View all comments related to a Planning Application by clicking on the Document tab
- Check our weekly lists and the final planning decision by clicking on the Application List tab and then click on the relevant application.
How to Apply Online
You can also submit an application online. Online help and guidance is available to complete the forms. You can also download application forms from this site to submit a paper application to the Moray Council
(please note, you may need a pdf reader to view documents. Download a free reader.)
In addition to information on planning applications, details of representations and consultation responses on valid applications received on or after 1st April 2011 will also be available to view, with redaction applied to personal or sensitive information within documents (see policy (PDF))
Development Management are responsible for processing applications for planning permission and appeals following refusal of planning permission.
This involves considering proposals, visiting sites, consulting other agencies, policy, government guidance and the Planning Acts, preparing reports and recommendations often under delegated power, preparing evidence for appeals and giving evidence at inquiries.
The Moray Council
PO Box 6760, Elgin